Friday, September 18, 2009

She ought to know.

Via, as usual, TPM:
"I never mentioned Hitler's name other than when the reporter came up to me afterwards," she said. "And I said, look, I am not making a direct comparison Obama and Hitler. I'm making a comparison between policies in countries, and that history has a way of repeating itself."

So does she believe that Obama and his administration are fascists, as cited above? "I don't believe -- no, I'm not saying that they are fascists," she said. "I'm saying, if you said ideals -- yes I do believe, when you look at the definition of fascism. Fascism is not government ownership of business, it is government control of business."

"I'm not saying he's a fascist, I'm saying he's the leader of a dangerous personality cult out to destroy our sacred liberties with his fascist ideals. Why won't you in the liberal media stop misquoting us?" And this isn't just any nutbag, this is a former Assistant Secretary of State from the Bush admin (proof, if additional proof were needed, of the extreme politicization during the last 8 years, and the dangers thereof).

I think that's the key difference between the extreme criticisms of Bush and the extreme criticisms of Obama. Code Pink, Cindy Sheehan and the other "Bush = Hitler" people never got near the reins of power in the Dem party. Now, we have elected officials and former administration appointees joining the mob. This is bad fucking medicine. This is why our institutions are breaking down. I hope these fucks are happy.

No comments: