It was pretty fun. Kinda sad he got nexted.
I wish they did more interesting Next. This is the first time I've seen anyone but fey, kinny boys on gay Next. On straight next, all the girls look like Realdolls - vacant and overly plastic - and the guys look like all the douchebags you hope get arrested for DUI. I'd like them to mix it up. Match up "hobbies." A foot fetishist and a bus full of girls with pretty feet, a chubby chaser and a bus full of bears, some furries, I don't know - but something more interesting than a bus full of subbie assholes.
And now, random liveblog thoughts.
- There is no need for student living with a 32 seat movie theater.
- LL Cool J is accepting of the fact that he's growing old.
- Someone smarter than me needs to do some cultural analysis on Next and gender roles.
- Next writers are being punished for sins to terrible to contemplAmate. I'm guessing something from the 7th or 8th Circle.
- Fuckers just made a frat joke.
- A distressing number of peoples' facts on the show are about poop.
- It's impossible to look like a real grown-up when eating a cupcake, which is why the proliferation of cupcake bakeries make me sad.
- "What are you gonna do if you get instantly nexted?" "Probably go get a boob job."
- To whom is MTV advertising?
- I wish I could make noises like Charlie Brooker.
- I wish I was Charlie Brooker.
- America Ferrera is really pretty.
- "For never seeing another ringtone commercial, text OH GOD OH GOD MAKE IT STOP to 22879"
- The basic concept of Next is "Do what I want, bend to my will, be perfect." Probably not healthy.
- I think it was Bill Clinton who said "there is nothing wrong in America that can't be fixed by what's right in America." While the Big Dog was a bit centrist for me, and both he and the country would have been well served if he'd soldered his zipper shut (or showed an ounce of self-control), I appreciate the sentiment. Watching MTV, I'm not sure he's right.
- I want to be on Next - Boring people edition. I will accomplish this by being on "Made: I want to be on Next." I will make MTV my plaything!